Gibson Brands Forums

Original parts

Komstyl

Hello, very nice to me to be on this forum. I have a guitar Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus HS. I would like to present my attempt to buy the original parts that I wanted to replace my guitar. I wanted to buy some plastic covers, frames, switch, etc.

First, I wrote to Gibson where it may buy the original parts. Vincent Wynne wrote than that from an authorized distributor.

Ok. I asked about the possibility of buying the distributor Epipgone / Gibson in Poland, the company Lauda Audio, however, replied that they do not have parts for my guitar.

I wrote also to the European branch of Gibson asking for the opportunity to purchase parts. Unfortunately I got the answer with the suggestion that buying the parts and shipping cost would not be profitable for me and that may be better to buy a new guitar with warranty. I was offered a check on the http://www.rosetti.co.uk/ Unfortunately there are not that what it needs in the right dimensions.

It turns out that Epiphone used a variety of dimensions of the rear cover.

Unfortunately, small parts of Gibson did not match the Epiphone. We say you can not buy the original parts.

It seems to me that the positive would be made available through original parts distributors such as the Gibson. I do not think that such a policy would badly affect the sale of new guitars, on the contrary gave that feeling of a good brand.

Thank you and sorry for my bad English. Regards, Zbyszek.

Thank you Rolling56th Already just looked on ebay, I wonder on buying from sellers from China or Hong Kong.

Welcome to the forum Zbyszek, I hope you like it here.

AFAIK Epiphone doesn't sell parts, or they are extremely limited in what they sell. eBay is your best bet, I buy from China and HK all the time, I've never had a problem with them.

Archived