Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone eb-3 5 string

Canadaguy

Newbie here...wondering if anybody has any info for me on these rare beauties??... I'm in the process of buying one that I think it may have been modded somewhat as I can not find a pic that looks like what I see at the used guitar shop.

Epiphone eb-3 5 string.. sorry the pic is so bad

post-39068-058123900 1326813747_thumb.jpg

EB-35

2000-2001

Five-string EB bass

OBL 2-Dual Rail Bass Humbucker pickups

Mahogany body

Chrome hardware

Set maple neck

Rosewood fingerboard with trapezoid inlays

Tune-o-matic bridge with stopbar tailpiece

Black reflector knobs

2 Vol. 1 Tone controls

5-position rotary selector

34" scale

1.65" nut width

Colors:

Ebony

Cherry

http://www.epiphonewiki.com/index.php?title=EB-Series#EB-35

Saw that one on wiki..but thanks,I'm guessing this must be a mod since I'm looking at different

controls..here's the pic

post-39068-072105100 1326890067_thumb.jpg

Not sure if all the EB-3 5s came with factory 1-tone, so it's possible this one was modified, but I doubt it. It would be a big deal to have a fairly inexpensive bass modded this way, so my guess is it's factory original. Very cool bass and I would grab it in a heartbeat.

Not sure if all the EB-3 5s came with factory 1-tone, so it's possible this one was modified, but I doubt it. It would be a big deal to have a fairly inexpensive bass modded this way, so my guess is it's factory original. Very cool bass and I would grab it in a heartbeat.

It's being grabbed this weekend,I'm totally in love with the look of this one , my les paul 5 string is pretty sweet too..thinking it was produced between 2000- 2001 also.

From what I understand, this bass was only made for one or two years, so I doubt there was any variety of control configurations. Every review I've read and every pic I've seen have all been 2 Volume, 1 Tone and a 5-way rotary selector switch. Never any mention of a second tone control, 3-way selector and coil splitting (as the knob style in your pics would suggest). I'm guessing that it this bass has been modified.

Another possibility would be that this bass could be a prototype or a NAMM bass. They oftentimes vary from the actual production models.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived