Gibson Brands Forums

Incomplete SG

Work in Progress

Photos do not show enough detail to tell ALL of the guitar to tell which is real or not, but MOST of that guitar is for sure NOT Gibson.

The headstock actually looks pretty convincing, but the rest of the guitar does not. The most you would end up with in the end is a fairly unconvincing "copy" of a Gibson. Realistically, by the time you spent the money on parts, the guitar wouldn't be able to sell for what you spend on it.

The headstock face looks just like those they sell on ebay to overlay on your existing peghead.

The truss cover screw holes aren't even drilled in it yet.

The pickguard is a joke, if it's a real Gibson at all, it's one of those faded 3 humbucker specials stripped & doctored up to look like a LP Custom SG.

[biggrin] But I doubt it.

And while this ad isn't guilty of this, I have to add I am so SICK of these shady Ebay and CL ads that have photos of everything under the sun BUT the headstock. They'll have 3 or 4 pointless photos of the body from different angles and somehow they just happen to completely avoid showing the primary part of the guitar that identifies it, like a buyer would be too stupid to notice what they're doing. Frankly I'm sick of CL in general; half the people are annoying lowballers or they want to know the ohm reading for the pickups or something crazy, and half the sellers are selling no-name starter junk strat copies as "custom luthier-built" or some nonsense like that. If I see one more black Johnson strat copy for $250 I'm going to be sick...

Archived