Gibson Brands Forums

Sunrise Bourbonburst

strattwin

A real beauty.

Congrats

Dave

Wow, Dave what a nice ax! Looks similar, is it a R9 sunrise bourbon burst too? What year is it? I haven't yet had a chance to wind mine up, or gig with it, so I'm interested to hear what you think of yours, weight, tone, etc.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I love em all. Playability and tone are great on all but as with any Les Paul they all have thier own voice. My neck prefrence leans towards big beefy necks (shattered my wrists a couple of years ago and have a hard time with thin necks). As the necks are hand finished they will vary in thickness regardless of R9 or R8 ie the R8 Triburst neck is actually a bit slimmer than the bourbon burst R9 but my 57 Gold Top (not shown) has the baseball size neck.

Wow, Dave what a nice ax! Looks similar, is it a R9 sunrise bourbon burst too? What year is it? I haven't yet had a chance to wind mine up, or gig with it, so I'm interested to hear what you think of yours, weight, tone, etc.

Thanks!

Thanks. It is actually a R-0 2008

Slimmer tapered neck. Weighs a little under 8 pounds.

Playability is fantastic. Tone is great. Kinda warm. The only downside to me is the pots. They are almost like on off switches but this can and will likely be changed.

One of the prettier guitars I've played.

This was my dream guitar. The one I thought I would never have.

I think the color is called Heritage Cherry.

IMG_0043.jpg

Archived