Gibson Brands Forums

Swingster Case

George P.

Hello everyone. I found this forum looking for info on a case that would fit the Epiphone Swingster. Although I did not find any info I did find a solution for the case, recommended to me from a friend. Epiphone suggests that the case for the Swingster is the Emperor case. Guitar Center also recommended the same case. I bought the case but was unable to close the case without some major pushing down of the Bigsy arm. The work around is to loosen the allen screws on the arm and slide it in about half an inch. When you case the guitar just point the arm opposite the headstock. The clearance is very minimal but it does work. The guitar is a tight fit for the case and you would even be able to store your strap under the body but it does work. Pretty nice case actually. This looks like a really nice forum.

Hi George, welcome to the forum, there's a great bunch around here, I hope you like the place.

What many do is simply turn the Bigsby handle around until it's pointing at the strap button, that gives it a low profile that should enable you to shut the case without too much effort.

Hi Rastus. I tried that at first but the arm just barely hung over the edge. The frustrating thing is that there is a good two inches of room at the headstock end but you can't slide it up because the body fits tight into its cavity. The only way I could do it was to slide the arm deeper into its slot. I wonder if they were using the same case?

Archived