Gibson Brands Forums

ES-339 Ultra trouble

johnplaysguitar

I've read about the volume problems with the different pick up's, and I find that if you tweak them ahead of time and set them at the lower volumes to begin with, you get a much larger tonal pallate with the switch...that being said, MY problem, is I tend to rest my pick hand on the bridge when I'm playing, and I notice a definate electrical buzzing sound when my hand is close to or touching the bridge metal, but goes away when I move my hand...is this a grounding issue??? Anybody else noticing this? It does it when I'm playing through my pedal board OR just straight into the amp...and yes, I've played it through two different amps on two different circuts and it does it every time...it's in the guitar somewhere. Still LOVE the guitar though.

G'day John, welcome to the forums mate, there's a great bunch around here, I hope you like the joint.

Congrats on the U339, by your description it sure sounds like some kind of grounding issue, it's a damn shame, these have the potential to be such a great guitar, good luck with it, I hope you can get it sorted out, HNGD.

thanks...glad to know you're out there and reading! I also have an ES-175, a G-400 Cherry, a Masterbuilt acoustic, a Hummingbird Artist...I've installed the Buzz Feiten system on the Hummingbird...sounds great. I didn't even need to put it on the Masterbuilt...all the specs were already there...on the money. I guess I'll take it in and let them look at it.

Archived