Gibson Brands Forums

Nothing but my Epi LP- Phanfare for all souls

LukeS

Record it again on a gibby and we can compare.

However, I don't think it will be necessary because you got your Epi sounding just fine.

I reckon that a player can only really get the best out of the superior Gibson LP if they are playing through extremely good quality amplification, using the best of quality band new strings, have the most expensive cables and leads that money can buy , and have a professional recording studio at their disposal. as opposed to a dude with nice Gibby who plays through a roland cube and records via a butchered phono cable into the back of an old portable recording device....the edge that the gibby has will be lost in the gear....they could be playing anything!

So, if you get a sound you like out of what gear you own then just enjoy it. I would rather spend my time practising than worrying about whether people can tell whether I'm playing a Gibby or an Epi.

[thumbup]

Hmmm.......Sounded like a Xavier Tele body with an Epi Sharaton ll neck, a Semour Duncan bridge PU, a Dimazio in the neck, GOTH hardware,

Grover tuners, Ernie Ball strings, and a poly finish........Hmmmm......

( Nice music by the way.....)

Hmmm.......Sounded like a Xavier Tele body with an Epi Sharaton ll neck, a Semour Duncan bridge PU, a Dimazio in the neck, GOTH hardware,

Grover tuners, Ernie Ball strings, and a poly finish........Hmmmm......

( Nice music by the way.....)

LOL Hi Damian!! I hope that means good huh? Well my Epi is stock standard birds eye maple finish and I play it thru a Blackstar HT pedal and a Vox Cambridge amp for some warmth. Glad you liked it.Cheers!!

Sounded nice to me! Thanks for sharing. Very nice tone indeed!

Hi Fungus! Thanks for listening and glad you liked it. I'm still blown away by the variety of tone you can achieve with minimal tweaks on my Epi. The Joe Satriani wah sure helps in that regard. Cheers Luke :)

Archived