Gibson Brands Forums

Now I'll See How my AJ Really Sounds

ajay

I bought a little all mahogany Kalamazoo about a week ago, and my AJ has been patiently sleeping in its case while I played the Kal until my callouses bled. Tomorrow is going to be a full day with my AJ, and I can't wait to see what it brings compared to my newest guitar. I have a feeling I'm going to fall in love all over again.

Sorry, but I'm old and don't know how to post stuff. I'm lucky to be able to use the Web at all.

After the time on my Kalamazoo, the AJ just rang out an almost sounded amplified. I could also really notice the AJ vibrating against my chest. I still love the little Zoo. My old Epiphone used to go out of tune nearly every song. My new Kal holds its tune forever, which to me is a huge plus for my practice guitar. I also noticed that with the neck somewhat narrower on the Kalamazoo, it seems like my AJ is so much roomier and easy to move around on. All in all I'm really pleased with both boxes. Gibson's cheapest guitar in 1968 was still a serious instrument.

Now onward to seek out that old J-45 With vintage vibe that I've wanted for years.

Archived