Gibson Brands Forums

Es135 2006 help

Falbergo

Hey all,

I am new to the forum and I ask some advice. I have my eyes on a 2006 es135 and I cannot find any information on them. From what I found Gibson didn't make 135s in 2006. Am I correct here? Or were there some strays produced? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Frank

Hi and welcome to the forums....

A serial number would help if available...

I believe the ES 137 was current in '06

Unless it was an older ES 135 only sold in '06

If unable to prove a genuine ES 135, the ES 137 is a great guitar with many fans/owners hereon...

V

:-({|=

versatile,

thanks for the info. i have decided to go for a new 137. i do feel a little skiddish about buying this one used. decisions, decisions decisions!!!

thanks again

frank

Hi and welcome to the forums....

A serial number would help if available...

I believe the ES 137 was current in '06

Unless it was an older ES 135 only sold in '06

If unable to prove a genuine ES 135, the ES 137 is a great guitar with many fans/owners hereon...

V

Good luck in your quest Frank [thumbup]

I could wax lyrical all day about the ES 137

IMO one of the great creations from Gibson...fabulous classic looks and characterful tones to boot

The Custom and Classic specs make interesting reading

And the tonal palettes are different enough to warrant a long test drive

The Classic veers towards Les Paul territory, responding well to hi gain OD...and many would agree is excellent VFM

The Custom appears to be finished to a higher standard and includes Varitone for instant tone options

The added in mahogany centre block looks interesting through the f hole and no doubt contributes to the overall sounds/sustain...

V

Hey all,

I am new to the forum and I ask some advice. I have my eyes on a 2006 es135 and I cannot find any information on them. From what I found Gibson didn't make 135s in 2006. Am I correct here? Or were there some strays produced? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Frank

From what I've seen, the only factory-specified features are the 50s neck & body style. (thinline Florentine SC semi-hollowbody w/ balsa center block)

I've seen them with p90s or 57s; f holes or no f holes; trapeze tailpiece or stopbar; pickguard or no pickguard; ...

So given the wide variety & lax specs, it wouldn't surprise me to learn of a 2006 135. But if you post pics of this guitar and tell us its serial number, I bet we could tell you what it is & when it was made.

Archived