Gibson Brands Forums

More Historic Epiphones from the USA Custom Shop?

LPDEN

Gibson Custom Shop did a great job with the 1962 Wilshires in 2009, and it was a departure in the approach to highlight one of the cool Epiphone solid-body guitars from the 60's. I think it helped revive the history in the minds of both players like me who actually owned on of the originals at one time, as well as highlight them as instruments that indeed enjoyed popularity in their day. I commend Gibson for highlighting Epiphone with a premium build offering, and hope that every so often they undertake another model from Epiphone's heritage and offer a Nashville Custom Shop build example.

Guest angelo511

Gibson Custom Shop did a great job with the 1962 Wilshires in 2009, and it was a departure in the approach to highlight one of the cool Epiphone solid-body guitars from the 60's. I think it helped revive the history in the minds of both players like me who actually owned on of the originals at one time, as well as highlight them as instruments that indeed enjoyed popularity in their day. I commend Gibson for highlighting Epiphone with a premium build offering, and hope that every so often they undertake another model from Epiphone's heritage and offer a Nashville Custom Shop build example.

thank youg.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived