Gibson Brands Forums

pickguard on everly bros J180

jefleppard

has anyone ever taken the pickguard (scratchplate!) off one of these and, if yes, noticed a definite change in tone? just curious as there is one up on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-J-180-Acoustic-Mint-Condition-w-hard-case_W0QQitemZ200271833947QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item200271833947&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Cunk-I've never played one of these, but Jeff Hanna of "Nitty Gritty Dirt Band" has one. I'm not positive, but it doesn't appear that his has any pickguards on it. I know it's a J-180 as the first time I saw him play it I emailed his website and one of the ladies that works there emailed me back and told me what it was and that she didn't think Bozeman was making them any more. I think they're great looking guitars. PS- Did I miss you telling about getting rid of your Songwriter?

Cunk-I've never played one of these' date=' but Jeff Hanna of "Nitty Gritty Dirt Band" has one. I'm not positive, but it doesn't appear that his has any pickguards on it. I know it's a J-180 as the first time I saw him play it I emailed his website and one of the ladies that works there emailed me back and told me what it was and that she didn't think Bozeman was making them any more. I think they're great looking guitars. PS- Did I miss you telling about getting rid of your Songwriter?[/quote']

thanks. i just considered all the 'tone killing' comments stuff like this gets and thought the guitar might open up without a tonne of plastic on it.

i shall post a obit for my swd.

Archived