Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Midtown Custom

Achilles Papamoschos

Does anyone got one of them. I m thinking to take one for me...

Any information?

Hi,

I own one and love it. The biggest sticking point for some folks is the Richlite fingerboard. I actually love the fingerboard. This is also a flat top, not arched.

Regards,

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I own one and love it. The biggest sticking point for some folks is the Richlite fingerboard. I actually love the fingerboard. This is also a flat top, not arched.

Regards,

Joe

Joe,is your Midtown Custom in vintage sunburst,like in your avatar?If so,how does the 3 piece maple top match up?I'll be buying one soon and thought about going with the ebony version,if only to ease my concerns about a potentially unattractive mismatched top.Btw,my first choice would be vintage sunburst.

Ed

Well,I took the plunge and ordered a vintage sunburst Midtown Custom from Zzounds.Btw,I used the 12 month payment plan,which easily falls into my monthly gear budget.Anyways,Zzounds is supposed to have more sunburst and ebony guitars in stock on 5/10/12 [natural on 6/10/12],but you know how that can go.

Ed

• 3 weeks later...

G'Day

I have one, a Heritage Cherry Sunburst Midtown Custom and I added a Bigsby B7 to it.

Here's are picts; sorry for the blur..(I got it signed by Joe Bonamassa..)

SAM_0363-1-1.jpg

and I have a ES 333 and an es 339

0319121853-1-1-1.jpg

Love them all, but the ES 333 which I modified with Duncan Antiquity pickups, and a 58 long PickGuard

and New 500k pots, and Bumble Bee Caps...is by far the best playing and sounding of ALL my guitars

BUT the Midtown is very quickly becoming my FAVORITE..I just love the way this guitar FEELS and SOUNDS!

The only thing I don't understand is why GIBSON doesn't match the maple front better

It's a 3 piece front and mine was not matched very well at all...see photo...

120305_135817.jpg

I've see several others at Guitar Centers, and they're not the well matched either..

What I wanna know is WHY? How come Gibson isn't matching them up better??

In every other area the Guitar is EXCEPTIONAL The backside is gorgeous

120305_135847.jpg

ALSO How come no Bigsby option on the Custom???

Anyways..I LOVE mine regardless of the minor imperfections and my 333 and 339

BY THE WAY.....THE RICHLITE fingerboard is not EVEN a problem..My Neck FEELS SOOOOOOOO FINE!!

LOVE this guitar in every way....

Thanks Gibson, the Midtown Custom is an outstanding Guitar.

Cheers Mates

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought an ebony... great guitars ... superb value for money. Love the Richlite fretboard. Burstbucker are brill!

What's not to like :-) Bit brighter than a Les Paul but very versitile... good sound balance across the strings. Good sustain. Was well set up nut and neck wise... lowered the action and tail bar on mine but arrived very playable. Highly recommend them.

As above about matching the maple panels... I bought the Ebony because of this... no joins showing... no problem.

See other post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would really like to thank you all for the infos!

I ve ordered the ebony one (flat) from Thomann and waiting for the delivery. CAN'T WAIT :)

Greetings from Greece, that is rocking these days :)

Have you received it yet? Please let us know how you like it.

• 4 months later...

I bought a Midtown Custom in Natural. I do NOT have that style of tuning keys. I LOVE mine! I have only gigged with it twice, as I normally won't take a "real guitar" to a gig (I generally play lower end stuff live, unless it's something bigger).

If your fingers are actually touching the fret board, HOW do you sound in tune pressing THAT HARD?

But I truly love my Midtown! GREAT all around axe. Bites for 80s hair metal, soft for blues/Jazz-y feel. I can't say enough about it for the $..

BUY ONE!!!! YOU WILL LOVE IT!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone got one of them. I m thinking to take one for me...

Any information?

I bought one last week in the heritage sunburst, I love it. I have a couple of substantially more expensive Gibsons and a Heritage and it shines right a long with them. I'm not sorry I bought it. ZZounds had them at $1099 with case, shipping included!

BTW, I'd post a pic of them but don't know how. Can anyone tell me? Just putting a link inline doesn't work

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/534114_499097010111787_959201602_n.jpg

Archived