Gibson Brands Forums

EJ-200VS

MoesSS

Hello all,

I am new to playing and I want an acoustic to go with my LP. I love the EJ-200CE but found a EJ-200VS for sale (and the store is willing to deal). The bad thing is I will be buying it online sight unseen. I am being told it is new but cant find any info on this model. Making me think that this has been in the stores inventory a long time. What would a fair price be for this guitar? Does anyone have info on the spec of this model?

Thanks all

Andy

So the EJ-200 is the same as the EJ-200VS? that's what i started to think over the past couple hours. Thanks

VS means "Vintage Sunburst". The two letters at the end of the typically usually indicate the color and/or body style. EJ-200CE means "cutaway electric". EJ-200CE NA would mean "cutaway electric natural finish" and so forth...

Also, the EJ-200 was discontinued for 2012. They are still in some stores, but are no longer being made.

Thanks guys. I am dealing with an online store, I think the web sales guy and it sounds like he knows less about guitars than me. That's hard to do. He didn't have any info other than its a floor model and the model number. Offered him $200, free shipping and a new set of strings for it. Guess i will see what happens on Monday. I am looking at the CE, i want more guitar than i need a a begginer, but will take this one if the price is right. Sure as hell bets buying off the German economy paying in Euro's.

Archived