Gibson Brands Forums

An SG Std. Bass & A Hartke HyDrive 115C Combo?

MrNylon

Does anyone have any playing back ground with an SG Std. Bass through a Hartke HyDrive 115C Combo? I tried one today, I thought it sounded good to me, but if posable, I'd like to get any Pros, cons, or opinions on the bass, amp combination.

Does anyone have any playing back ground with an SG Std. Bass through a Hartke HyDrive 115C Combo? I tried one today, I thought it sounded good to me, but if posable, I'd like to get any Pros, cons, or opinions on the bass, amp combination.

I don't have any experience with The Hartke, but they seem to have a pretty good rep. The most important thing is how it sounds to you. The right bass and amp combination is soooo important to get that "perfect sound". My Gibsons sound incredible through my old Traynor, but my Fender P basses don't. The Gibsons and the Fenders all sound good through my Mark Bass, but that sound doesn't come close to what I can get out of the Gibson-Traynor combination. Only you can decide, as we all have different tastes & ideas as to what sounds good........... :-k

Did you play the SG through the Hartke?

Hi Kelvinator,

I'm running an SG Std. through a Hartke LH500 head, and a Hartke AK115 cab. It actually sounds pretty good. The AK115 has the 15" paper cone. I was just wondering if any one played through the aluminum coned 15", in the HyDrive 115 Combo. From the way it sounds to me, my half stack has a little better bottom to it. I used a Traynor head I bought when they came out in the late 60's, for a few years with 2X12 cabs. An EB0 ran through that.

DSC_0954-1.jpg

Hi Kelvinator,

I'm running an SG Std. through a Hartke LH500 head, and a Hartke AK115 cab. It actually sounds pretty good. The AK115 has the 15" paper cone. I was just wondering if any one played through the aluminum coned 15", in the HyDrive 115 Combo. From the way it sounds to me, my half stack has a little better bottom to it. I used a Traynor head I bought when they came out in the late 60's, for a few years with 2X12 cabs. An EB0 ran through that.

DSC_0954-1.jpg

Hey gsg -I think you just answered your own question. [biggrin] Sounds like you're happy with what you already have, and that's a good place to be! eusa_clap.gif

I just thought I'd try to get any other players opinions, incase I may have missed something when I did the sound check on the two. I agree though, I'm very much where I want to be with the half stack I'm using. [thumbup]

I just thought I'd try to get any other players opinions, incase I may have missed something when I did the sound check on the two. I agree though, I'm very much where I want to be with the half stack I'm using. [thumbup]

As my Grandfather used to say - "don't fix it if it ain't broke".......... [-X

• 9 months later...

Archived