Gibson Brands Forums

2010 es 355

NiceGuyEddie

Hi everybody....last year, I picked up a 2010 es 355 in ebony with a factory bigsby. When I play it, especially unplugged, I hear what is like a high pitched ringing after plucking a string. I hear it sometimes when it is amplified. I have a 345 with a bigsby and this does not occur with this guitar. Does this "ringing" have something to do with the bigsby or the way the strings are "strung" through a bigsby. Just curious if this is a body,structural problem.

That could be hard to track down. Before thinking about the body and structure, check the hardware.

Check for any loose screws, jack bolt and switch.

Check for sympathetic vibration/harmonic on each string by touching each string to see if the ringing stops.

If not, something is probably a bit loose. Start with the saddles - pluck the string and then touch the saddle to see if the ringing stops, testing each saddle. Check the bridge posts too. Then test the Bigsby by touching different parts and each anchor screw. If all that checks out okay, check the pup mounts/brackets/springs.

That could be hard to track down. Before thinking about the body and structure, check the hardware.

Check for any loose screws, jack bolt and switch.

Check for sympathetic vibration/harmonic on each string by touching each string to see if the ringing stops.

If not, something is probably a bit loose. Start with the saddles - pluck the string and then touch the saddle to see if the ringing stops, testing each saddle. Check the bridge posts too. Then test the Bigsby by touching different parts and each anchor screw. If all that checks out okay, check the pup mounts/brackets/springs.

Thankyou, I'll do that.

Archived