Gibson Brands Forums

OK EPIC QUESTION HERE.

Custom....

Should have stated that to begin with!

In that case, I'm not trying to give you a cop-out answer but they are both very distinct pickups so I would suggest trying them both out on similar guitars.

What kind of music do you prefer to play? Are you looking for something high-gain or are you looking for something versatile that can cover everything equally well?

The BBs are a little higher output and much more balanced in my opinion. '57s are much lower output and very "classic rock," but are not limited to that. They are pretty bad for high-gain music as you have to push them much harder to distort.

thx for the insight ian. I was leaning towards the BBs. but i still dont know for shure.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with Burstbucker Pros. Balanced and sound amazing for just about everything (unless you're looking for some crazy-*** high-gain metal detuned 'chugga-chugga' sound).

What guitar are you thinking of sticking them in?

Maybe you should get some with 4 wires.. that way you can set them to work as single coils or as humbuckers (coil tap) ... then you can have high output humbuckers and twangy single coils...

You cant do that with BBs by the way... they have only 2 wires...

Are you upgrading any guitar or you plan on buying one with those pickups already on it?

how about some sort of combo like a BB2 and a BB3 or something like that. people are always mixing pickups. what do you think about that? if you have any good mixes or anything.

You can' date=' but unless you have alot of expendable income to spend I'd just get a matching set.

They're quite similar and unless you're really experienced in picking out tones you probably won't hear a huge difference between them all.

I'd just go with a pair of BB Pros for a Les Paul.

Here's a chart you might find useful:

[img']http://www.gibson.com/files/_gear/pickups_output-chart.jpg[/img]

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Divisions/Gibson%20Gear/Pickups/How%20They_re%20Made%20(1)/

Archived