Gibson Brands Forums

Should I? How would I? I want it. I need it!

Australian Sun

G'day!

Anyone know how I might be able to ship that 1981 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty for sale in the trading thread for $2100 over to Australia without too much drama? You guys think it's a good buy for a player's guitar?

Cheers :-)

In a box?

All kidding aside, find an international carrier that has a great reputation for shipping items without damage. I guess the drama you're referring to is of the customs variety? As for Aussie customs, I have no advice for you, but the shipping courier should have the information you seek.

ETA: I believe all guitars are players guitars, especially after seeing the $500K Korina on ebay that apparently still gets occasional play. I also say this because I have a Johnny Cash Martin that I play religiously...

G'day!

Anyone know how I might be able to ship that 1981 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty for sale in the trading thread for $2100 over to Australia without too much drama? You guys think it's a good buy for a player's guitar?

Cheers :-)

Post this same question on the "Epiphone Lounge".......You will get full and complete answers there regarding the shipping...........

Post this same question on the "Epiphone Lounge".......You will get full and complete answers there regarding the shipping...........

Ok thanks I'll do that now.

Sorry, forgot to post the link to the other forum thread earlier:

My link

So is 2.1k too high or reasonable? I'm new on the buyers marketplace.

Ok thanks I'll do that now.

Sorry, forgot to post the link to the other forum thread earlier:

My link

So is 2.1k too high or reasonable? I'm new on the buyers marketplace.

I'm well aware of that guitar......It's subjective, price wise......On the one hand, IMHO he's asking too much....

on the other hand, as a PLAYER'S guitar, it's a fairly reasonable price, kinda, almost.......................................

That's a Norlin era LPC, I had one just like it.....Best Les Paul I ever owned and played.....$1600.00 IMHO is more

reasonable for that guitar, but.........Now, importing new guitars into Oz requires a VAT tax, used guitars don't.....

That's why you should re-post this on the Epi Lounge.....Many Oz members there know the difinitive answers for you.....

Archived