Gibson Brands Forums

Loose endpin jack

vw1300

Like the subject line says - I have a loose endpin jack on my 2001 J-50. It's still staying in for now but how do I go about tightening it down?

Thanks,

Charlie

What pickup system is it? On the LR Baggs equipped guitars, there is an outer threaded flange that the strap slips around but if you take that off there is a smaller nut underneath that will tighten the jack against the body of the guitar.

Hope this helps!

Yes - found it. It so happened that yesterday was Gibson day at Fuller's here in Houston, and they advertised a free string change. Their guitar tech, Huey, took the strings off and showed me that the end jack was not sticking out as far as it should have been - adjusted that up and tightened everything down. He did that by sticking his arm way down in and holding the inside by hand while he tightened the nut on the outside.

They said I could have any strings put on free as long as they're Gibson brand - fair enough - but they were out of 12's. So he put on 11's. Thin sounding but very bendy! I'll go back to 12s eventually but a nice free way to try something new.

I also fell in love with several guitars - a Fuller's J-35 reissue and an SJ reissue with an adirondack spruce top. Sounded gorgeous - the J-35 in particular had a very open sound - hard to describe - I think I'm saving up for one now.

Glad you got everything squared away! Before I got my J-45 (first Gibson acoustic for me) I played 13's on my acoustics, but the 45 seems to like 12's best. I can't imagine playing anything smaller.

Must have been awesome to get to check out all those Gibby's in one place. I'm already trying to figure out a way to double my collection with a J-200 [biggrin]

Archived