Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Dot Deluxe

DetroitBlues

Just got my Epi Dot Deluxe back from the repair shop. It went into the shop right after I got it on a trade. The frets were unlevel and a couple were actually popping out.

2006 Epi Dot Deluxe with a flamed maple top (dark cherry, no burst!), baseball bat like neck (thickest neck I've ever played), gold hardware, and Seymour Duncan Seth Lover's. What was odd was the guitar tech found the radius of the fretboard to be around 14 not 12. Nice and flat, perfect for deep south blues bends...

I'd put this bad boy up against any Gibson model like it.

This is a serious question, or at least as serious as I ever get.

Whadda ya call an Epi Dot after you put inlay stickers of the block variety on the fingerboard?

It's still a Dot. 'Dot' has become synonomous with 335's, regardless of the inlays. Some of the Epi Dot Deluxes have small block inlays. You can't turn it into a 345 or 355 with stickers ;)

It's still a Dot. 'Dot' has become synonomous with 335's, regardless of the inlays. Some of the Epi Dot Deluxes have small block inlays. You can't turn it into a 345 or 355 with stickers ;)

I know. I left them on for two daze and the more I looked at them the more teed off I got, so I took them off today.

Rafael

Archived