Gibson Brands Forums

Summer Camp-Pics

Rocky4

Got my Sunday ticket!! The main reason I'm going is because The Derek Trucks Band is playing. Jane's Addiction is headlining. I was hoping my wife would go but after seeing crowd pics from past festivals, she backed out so I'm going alone. It should be a good time. As a newbie, I'm sure there will be some leaning as to how it all works.

http://summercampfestival.com/

Had a great time. My feet are killing me. Along with Jane's Addiction and Derek Trucks, I got a pleasant surprise with Umphrey's McGee.I've heard of them, but never heard them. Fantastic music.

SummerCamp1.jpg

SummerCamp2.jpg

SummerCamp3.jpg

I'll assume nobody here likes Jane's Addiction and Derek Trucks

I saw the ads for this festival, but I am tied up with a six month old so going to one of these is out of the question for a while. Glad you had a killer time. I love outdoor festivals.

Regarding the bands, not a fan of jam bands so probably wouldn't dig on Trucks. And although I love Jane's music, I cannot get over what a malaka Perry Farrell is and the whole Eric Avery situation. I don't see how you can have Jane's without Avery. It's like Gn'R without Slash.

I saw the ads for this festival, but I am tied up with a six month old so going to one of these is out of the question for a while. Glad you had a killer time. I love outdoor festivals.

Regarding the bands, not a fan of jam bands so probably wouldn't dig on Trucks. And although I love Jane's music, I cannot get over what a malaka Perry Farrell is and the whole Eric Avery situation. I don't see how you can have Jane's without Avery. It's like Gn'R without Slash.

IMO, no band does their music justice after 10 or so years, so the fact that Avery isn't with them isn't as big of a deal as it would have been back in the early 90s. It's nice that I can say I saw Jane's Addiction, but it's not the same band that it once was.

Archived