Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II setup help!!!!!!!

jk441

Hey guys/and girls

I have a LP Ultra II and I recently noticed that when I have a pedal between the ABY switch I am not able to get the sound of both the nanomag and electric pickup blended

What I mean by that is

2dh8w48.jpg

If I setup my effects like the picture above when I choose the A+B option I get the blended sound of the nanomag and the humbucker HOWEVER

2mx2xpw.jpg

When I setup my effects in the picture above I don't get the blended sound of both pickups but only the humbucker sound.

I'm pretty sure I used to get the blended sound with the above setup before but for some reason I do not get it anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW I preferred the second setup because I wanted the humbucker have a distortion/gain effect while the nanomag stayed clean and when I blend it would blend.

P.S. the ABY switch I use is the LiveWire Solutions ABY Box.

I've tried that on the Ultra III, however I don't need an ABY Box with that since it has the push-push switch. Are you sure that the nanomag actually isn't working in the blend? Because there's always the chance that the humbucker is so much louder that you're not hearing it...

I can't really help beyond that, I'm sorry. Rastus owns an Ultra II if I remember right though, and he checks in these forums fairly often. He might have an idea.

It could have something to do with the pre-amp in the effects boosting the humbucker volume. This is strictly theory. I will check it out as soon as my guitar gets back from the shop in Toronto.

Archived