Gibson Brands Forums

BCS (Beyond-Conventional-Sense)

J.R.M.30!

Well the landscape of College Football is about to change in that a four team playoff is on the horizon, excess, excess and more excess. Why does Divison I-A need a playoff anyway? I guess that's what every radio talkshow hosts want as they have been begging for a playoff for at least 15 years. Is the tail wagging the dog here? Sure compare it to every other sport and the present system looks archaic but why do you have to be like all the other sports teams anyway? No I'm not a college president and I shouldn't be pegged as a "traditionalist" either. What's next, a round robin in the NCAA Basketball Tourney? [thumbdn]

In the scope of things sports do matter as they are part of our everyday society, people paying money to see games, advertisers selling uniforms, collectables etc. etc. Seems like most people on this site would be characterized in my view as isolationists. Anything outside the realm of Gibson doesn't matter. :)

I forgot to mention the T.V. deals that comes with associations with sports. The top team sports, football and basketball fund the rest of the sports plus women's sports without them college athletics would be hard pressed to survive and you can forgot about title IX. [scared]

Archived