Gibson Brands Forums

2010 limited Edition Robot

Dipnet

I have a 2010 limited edition . I made sure the locking tuners are tight on each string the guitar tunes up great but after some playing it gets out of tune and I need to tune up again , It is like the strings keep slipping has anyone had this this issue ? Is there a fix ? Thank You

Not sure if this is going to help! - I have never played a 'Robot' and I am assuming you haven't tried this already...

I have noticed in the last few years, strings take longer to stretch out naturally (Maybe manufacturing technology has changed?), but after tuning-up new strings, I now spend a few minutes pulling each new string vertically away from the neck at the 12th fret. Pull it as far as it will go naturally, then CAREFULLY, let back down onto the neck without it 'pinging' and re-tune as necessary. Repeat until re-tuning is negligible/non-existant.

As I said, I have never played a 'Robot', so not sure if it is an issue with the model. Also I apologise, if I am teaching you to suck eggs!

Not sure if this is going to help! - I have never played a 'Robot' and I am assuming you haven't tried this already...

I have noticed in the last few years, strings take longer to stretch out naturally (Maybe manufacturing technology has changed?), but after tuning-up new strings, I now spend a few minutes pulling each new string vertically away from the neck at the 12th fret. Pull it as far as it will go naturally, then CAREFULLY, let back down onto the neck without it 'pinging' and re-tune as necessary. Repeat until re-tuning is negligible/non-existant.

As I said, I have never played a 'Robot', so not sure if it is an issue with the model. Also I apologise, if I am teaching you to suck eggs!

Thank You for your help and you are right. The issue is the strings are slipping . I have now been told to only use Gibson Brite Guitar Strings this should prevent them from slipping. You can't wrap the strings around the post on a robot . You run the string through the post hole and you must take most of the slack out of the string so it won,t ground out when you play the string for the robot to tune it .Each post has a string locking nut on top of it that you tighten down to keep the string from slipping. The tuning works great and is perfect but as you know you must not have the strings slip. Thank You for your help

I've got a Robot with locking tuners. I don't have this issue.

With the string locked into the tuning post there should be no slipping. As you have noted, you might want to experiment with different strings until you find a set that work for you.

I've got a Robot with locking tuners. I don't have this issue.

With the string locked into the tuning post there should be no slipping. As you have noted, you might want to experiment with different strings until you find a set that work for you.

I did replace the strings with Gibson Brite Wire Strings they are NPS wound and the little e is 10 gauge the big e is 46. It has fixed the problem. Thank You for your help .

Archived