Gibson Brands Forums

ID es_335

cigblues

serial number 10390727 orange label model ES?PA335. Gloss Cherry. Tulip Gibson tuners.Bound fretboard. pearl dot inlays. Plain maple. Must have been setuo perfectly as nor one screw has a mark on it. Got it on Ebay. Any ideas. Made in Memphis. Canme with cool little book that has ESDPARDNH1 listed on top and 10390727. Plain truss rod cover. Does have Gibson script in pearl and the crown.

Thanks,

Anthony

Please post a picture.

I'll have to my wife comes home to post a picture. Any guesses would be entertaining, I know I was at a site that stated you need all that info I gave plus pictures including inside the F hole to get a shot of the orange label. I'll have to search for that unless someone here can ID it. I have played this guitar 3 hours the 1st day i got it, then worked 12 hours at UAB hospital. Next day, I got home at 0730 and played until 1:00 when I just fell out asleep. Woke up 2 hours later and yep played it again. I was playing through a limited edition fender deluxe and I have never sounded better. The speaker in the amp in a jensen rated at 40 watts and breaks up at low levels. Sorry to blather, but a guess from you is welcome and fun. I'm sure you'll come close. I have been playin 39 years...the guy on the next street Wayne Perkings played on the Stones Black and Blue album, so I never had a chance. I still play with a guy that start the same Christmas as me. I got a SG and a vibro champ that year. I've ben hooked ever since. I love this stuff. I have yet to play a Les Paul. They look good(think gold top), but I like my Robert Cray strat, my SG with P 90s, but this 335 through a tube amp is the sound that does it for me. Again, I am sorry to babble, but I just woke up, and its time to play.I think I am excited.

Thanks for taking your time to help me...Gibsons bes hard to ID, and I bes not qualified. This is a high qualityity guitar...great material an build quality great. I played 339 and they just are not 335s.

Thanks so much for your time,

Anthony

Pretty cool man. That's what I've got! A standard ES 335 Dot 2010 Plain Antique Red. Its like breaking a code. I found out how to date a Gibson , so my SG Classic is a 1997, and seems to be made as a 1 piece body.

Thanks...you are radiating coolness

I have an ESDPARDNH1 ES 335.

This is the '59 'fat neck' reissue, the 'ARD' means Antique Red. Has yours got a nice big clubby neck? If so this is what it is.

These come with tulip tuners and a lightweight nickel tailpiece. Memphis made. In the UK these retail somewhere in between a basic 335 and a Nashville Historic, not cheap at £2,600 GBP.

Hope this is of help.

Cheers. Mick.

How did you know what it was Mike? Gibson USA said they need photos. But its got the neck, tulip tuners, and a long pick guard. I'm just curious...they will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands. What amp do you play through. I just bought a Fender Vibrolux Custom that I am converting to the old circuit...like a Vibroverb. But it sounds great through a Blues Jr. I've just never had a guitar that sounds and plays like this. Well, I'm sure you know.

Thanks again

How did you know what it was Mike? Gibson USA said they need photos. But its got the neck, tulip tuners, and a long pick guard. I'm just curious...they will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands. What amp do you play through. I just bought a Fender Vibrolux Custom that I am converting to the old circuit...like a Vibroverb. But it sounds great through a Blues Jr. I've just never had a guitar that sounds and plays like this. Well, I'm sure you know.

Thanks again

Like you I got mine from E-Bay specifically as it was red and it was listed as the 'fat neck'. I like a big neck. When it arrived the full product code was on the previous owners COA. I then entered the full code as a google search and there were several dealer references and listings for that guitar, both in the UK and the states. If your guitar has that code number, club neck, long pickguard and tulip kluson style tuners that is the only guitar it can be. The guitar is still listed as a current instrument on the Gibson ES page, but for some reason the product code isn't there. But hey that's Gibson for you! Mine is also a very nice 7 and a half pounds which is light for a 335. I think the lightweight tailpice helps keep the weight down. So if you look on the ES products page for your 'fat neck' all the spec is there with a MSRP of $4,934! I see Sam Ash has them in the US for $3,300 retail. Hope you got a good price on yours! Enjoy.

Cheers. Mick.

Thanks Mick. I appreciate the effort. Gibson need photos and all kind of info, and really act like they could care less. I've been playing 40 years, and this and my strat are both those rare guitars that they got everything right on. I would really like to thank you. At this point, I like my action slightly high. It seems to give a better tone...and I need all the help I can get.

Anthony

• 1 month later...

Archived