Gibson Brands Forums

ES 330 1950's Reissue pics

AlanC

Here are a couple of photos of my recently acquired 2012 ES330 1950's reissue. Plays really well and sounds great through my Polytone amp. I've put round wounds, 12's with a 13 and 17 on the 1st and 2nd strings.

_DSC0288.jpg_DSC0296.jpg

I've said this before, but these 330 reissues are among the most accurate/authentic looking reissues I've ever seen (of any model). With the possible exception of the color of the volume knob for the neck pickup, pretty much everything makes this look like a '59 330. [thumbup]

I've said this before, but these 330 reissues are among the most accurate/authentic looking reissues I've ever seen (of any model). With the possible exception of the color of the volume knob for the neck pickup, pretty much everything makes this look like a '59 330. [thumbup]

Hi JimR56,

Lol!! You are very perceptive. I changed the gold knobs for these amber ones. I prefer the look of the amber knobs. But no other changes.

Congrats. My goodness, it looks like a really old but well taken care of guitar. If you hadn't said that it was (and is) a 2012 Reissue, I would have thought that you had found it forgotten in a time capsule somewhere.

Hope it sounds as vintage as it looks.

1342447727[/url]' post='1228678']

Congrats. My goodness, it looks like a really old but well taken care of guitar. If you hadn't said that it was (and is) a 2012 Reissue, I would have thought that you had found it forgotten in a time capsule somewhere.

Hope it sounds as vintage as it looks.

Hi Jabberwocky,

Apparently the pickups are under wound. The sound is reasonably warm and thick for a non archtop. It's one of the best reissue's I've seen.

Archived