Gibson Brands Forums

epiphone BC30 + Behringer GI100 ULTRA-G for recording

Hello,

I own an epiphone BC30 which I like very much. Thanks to the MV mod (thanks again Jfrs!) I can enjoy the amps' sound without having to push the volume too hard but recording is another matter: unless I turn the volume up, which I can't really do in my flat, I can't mic it without getting a lot of hum/fan noise.

I came across a DI box/Cab sim, Behringer's GI100 ULTRA-G and I was wondering if it might be a good solution. As far as I understand, by connecting the amp to the DI's input and then going from the DI to the BC30's speaker (and to my soundcard for recording), I would be able to record it without a mic. I might be wrong though so I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with this kind of set up?

Any thoughts on this?

Should work fine but the soundcard in your computer could be the weak link in the chain. I've found from experience that using a DI box with my BC30 works fine into my 16 channel console but isn't so successful into the computer via the soundcard.

If I'm going into my DAW I either go via a USB out from my valve preamp or I use an amp sim and a guitar to usb lead.

Archived