Gibson Brands Forums

Luthier/Tech Recommendations South Florida

glennc

Hello to all,

Wondering if any of the members who may live in Southern Florida have any recommendations on a top-notch Luthier/Guitar Technician? Personally experienced quality and dependability requested. Thanks for any help. Preferably in the Broward County centered area.

Glenn

Hi from Palm Beach County, one Glenn to another Glenn. G.L. Stiles 111 E Atlantic Ave Ste B, Delray Beach, FL 33444-3772 Telephone: (561) 706-6011

I think this is the same G.L Stiles from Miami years ago. The best in the south at one time. They reworked an SG. Fantastic.

Hi from Palm Beach County, one Glenn to another Glenn. G.L. Stiles 111 E Atlantic Ave Ste B, Delray Beach, FL 33444-3772 Telephone: (561) 706-6011

I think this is the same G.L Stiles from Miami years ago. The best in the south at one time. They reworked an SG. Fantastic.

Hello and what a perfect name!! Thanks Glenn for the reply, I will definitely investigate. Really appreciated.

Cheers

Glenn

Hello and what a perfect name!! Thanks Glenn for the reply, I will definitely investigate. Really appreciated.

Cheers

Glenn

No problem. I hope it's the same people from back 1970-1971. An SG was crushed on stage by an Acoustic 261 amp. They brought it back to life.

Please let us know how things work out. The lead player who's SG was crushed was a Glenn also. [thumbup]

Glenn

No problem. I hope it's the same people from back 1970-1971. An SG was crushed on stage by an Acoustic 261 amp. They brought it back to life.

Please let us know how things work out. The lead player who's SG was crushed was a Glenn also. [thumbup]

Glenn

Sure will. I also hope it is the same guy, sounds like he is pretty good! Thanks again!

Glenn

Sure will. I also hope it is the same guy, sounds like he is pretty good! Thanks again!

Glenn

Hi Glenn;

Any latest news on the contact with G.L. Stiles, in Delray Beach?

Later, Glenn

Hi Glenn;

Any latest news on the contact with G.L. Stiles, in Delray Beach?

Later, Glenn

Hey Glenn,

No, been tied up with amp considerations and regular life. Haven't had a chance to check him out. Trying to decide on a low power amp, like a Vox lil night train. Oh well want more than I can afford {:-))!

L8tr

Glenn

Hi Glenn;

My daughter has been using a Fender Frontman 25R. It sounds good, and it didn't break the bank. She's playing a Strat through it.

Have a good one. Yak @ u ltr.

Glenn

Hi Glenn;

My daughter has been using a Fender Frontman 25R. It sounds good, and it didn't break the bank. She's playing a Strat through it.

Have a good one. Yak @ u ltr.

Glenn

Howdy,

Just got off the phone with the Guitar Hospital at the number and address you supplied. I was informed that Mr. Stiles was a true craftsman but is no longer with us. The type of intensive restoration makes them sound good for certain applications. For regular setups and stuff, they are a bit of a drive. Thanks for the help! I believe a Frontman is a higher wattage than the Blues Jr. which is only 15 watts. I do not, for personal reasons like to buy chinese manufactured products. But I might get lucky with the 2 Watt Lil Night Train into a 112 cabinet. Holding off on the guitar for now, dang it......

Glenn

I have 2 contacts here in hollywood/miami area. Both area small shops. The guy who did my LP Jr is Doron (http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/87823-is-it-or-isnt-it/). He is in N.Miami He works out of him home, but has a pretty big setup there. Here is his site

http://dguitarsmiami.vpweb.com/default.html

I just recently reconnected with an old friend Roscoe Peterson (look him up on youtube as well) that also is a luthier in the Cooper City area. I havent used him, but I have great respect for his knowledge, and he can shred a guitar! The only deal is I only have facebook info on him, but I will provide that

http://www.facebook.com/#!/LodaddyInc

I have 2 contacts here in hollywood/miami area. Both area small shops. The guy who did my LP Jr is Doron (http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/87823-is-it-or-isnt-it/). He is in N.Miami He works out of him home, but has a pretty big setup there. Here is his site

http://dguitarsmiami.vpweb.com/default.html

I just recently reconnected with an old friend Roscoe Peterson (look him up on youtube as well) that also is a luthier in the Cooper City area. I havent used him, but I have great respect for his knowledge, and he can shred a guitar! The only deal is I only have facebook info on him, but I will provide that

http://www.facebook.com/#!/LodaddyInc

Hello Killatine,

Thanks for the response and information. I will try to find them and get more info after Isaac hits or misses me......

Glenn

Hi Glenn;

Those don't sound to bad distance wise. At least the Cooper City gent. is closer than N. Miami. I'm in for the day tomorrow if the weather turns to trash with Isaac around. Keep your head down, and don't ever get out of the boat! [thumbup]

Later,

Glenn

Hi Glenn;

Those don't sound to bad distance wise. At least the Cooper City gent. is closer than N. Miami. I'm in for the day tomorrow if the weather turns to trash with Isaac around. Keep your head down, and don't ever get out of the boat! [thumbup]

Later,

Glenn

Hey there Glenn,

Yeah, this morning it was a get ready and now it is a don't worry. Will find out tomorrow. I don't facebook, so I don't know how I am going to contact the gentleman in Cooper City, will figure a way..... Stay safe and dry!

Glenn

Hey there Glenn,

Yeah, this morning it was a get ready and now it is a don't worry. Will find out tomorrow. I don't facebook, so I don't know how I am going to contact the gentleman in Cooper City, will figure a way..... Stay safe and dry!

Glenn

Hey there Glenn;

I'm getting some heavy squall line bands moving through at the moment. I don't Facebook either, I'd be at a loss to get in touch with him also.

You stay safe, and dry too. I'm just hoping it turns out ok for anyone who's going to get that unwelcome visitor Isaac, at their front door.

Yak @ u later Glenn.

Glenn, in S.Palm Bch. County

Hey there Glenn;

I'm getting some heavy squall line bands moving through at the moment. I don't Facebook either, I'd be at a loss to get in touch with him also.

You stay safe, and dry too. I'm just hoping it turns out ok for anyone who's going to get that unwelcome visitor Isaac, at their front door.

Yak @ u later Glenn.

Glenn, in S.Palm Bch. County

Hey there! Looks like we stayed lucky! Hope you didn't get too much damage or flooding. I dislike the suspense but we've been pretty lucky for a while!

L8tr & stay dry!

Glenn

Hey there! Looks like we stayed lucky! Hope you didn't get too much damage or flooding. I dislike the suspense but we've been pretty lucky for a while!

L8tr & stay dry!

Glenn

Hey Glenn;

I did fine. I had some squall lines come through that were a bit heavy, but ok. At least I didn't have any of the tornadoes close to my house, that were here in Palm Beach County.

Keep your head down.

Yak @ u later,

Glenn

We need to get gsgbass and head up to either Cagneys or Flossies, either play is rockin on jam nights (Sun for Cagneys and Tues for Flossies) and even tho I only had 2 (I'm a light weight), Flossies has $1 drafts and .60 wings.

Hey Toni, how did you enjoy the Birthday? Where is Flossies? After seeing some of his videos and seeing him in person, I'd love to see him gig!

L8tr!

Glenn

Griffen east to Ravenswood (Anglers) left (north) about 1/2 mile on the left. Its a "biker" bar, but not a "biker gang" bar, if you get me. Very nice people with no hassles who love to hear music and perform. Dont know if I will make it this Sun and Tues, some family stuff going on, but you never know. Roscoe usually at Cagneys but I think hes off for labor day weekend, so the following Sun, Sept 9, I will be there.

Griffen east to Ravenswood (Anglers) left (north) about 1/2 mile on the left. Its a "biker" bar, but not a "biker gang" bar, if you get me. Very nice people with no hassles who love to hear music and perform. Dont know if I will make it this Sun and Tues, some family stuff going on, but you never know. Roscoe usually at Cagneys but I think hes off for labor day weekend, so the following Sun, Sept 9, I will be there.

May run into you if I get the chance to see him at Cagneys. Take care!

Glenn

Archived