Gibson Brands Forums

1969 Gibson Es-335

Stringplukker

First post on this forum (not a newbie to guitar forums though) and wanted to get some opinions from fellow Gibson owners. I have a 1969 ES-335 in great condition. Plays well and is a beautiful guitar. Some day I plan to sell it to downsize my stable of guitars but I have a delimma with it. It used to be a 12 string and the headstock has been cut down and six string tuning pegs installed. they did a fairly good job on it but you can tell it is modified by seeing just the one traingle on the bottom where there used to be two on the 12 string. It has the traditional Gibson cut on the top and does not look bad at all. I am just asking for opinions on how bad of a bath will I take on it as far as a selling price goes. If someone wants a player guitar it would be perfect! I used to gig with it and it sounds like a 335. It will just never be a true 69 6 string. Not advertiseing it for sale at this time just looking for opinions. Any thoughts?

If it plays and sounds good, I'm sure you can find someone who'd be willing to pay a good sum for it. maybe slightly more that what an es335 fresh of the production line costs today, if you're lucky.

but you'll never get anything close to what a 12 string es-335 from 69 could get...

who ever decided to mutilate such a fantastically interesting instrument did what we in Norwegian call a "Bear favor" (i guess bears are really bad a doing favors...)

Archived