Gibson Brands Forums

DiMarzios vs Gibson 57 Classic and Classic plus?

GUIBH

Hi everyone,

I have just replace the pickups on my PRS for Dimarzios (Mo Joe on the bridge and PAF DP 103 on the neck). The result was so awesome and I am so impressed with those pickups that I am considering buying another pair to replace the 57s on my LP Traditional Plus.

Anyone has experience with those pickups (or other Dimarzios) in a LP?

I want to try it but at the same time seems like I would be using something cheaper and lower quality than the gibson pickups. What do you think?

Dimarzios are not Cheep Pickups or lower Quality than Gibsons. Id say they are at the same level or Higher and offer a ton more than stock Gibsons.

I Installed a Chrome set in my 84 reissue. The Evolution set started with 500k pots and Real Vintage 50s RCA PIO Caps and with this soild mahogany body ended up with a 1meg pot and 001 cap. Without the maple cap like on a les paul this combo sounds best to my ears on this guitar. Just wanted to add the Dimarzios really pop and are not lacking any note difinition at all compared to stock Gibsons and added even more mid to low end without any Brittle Highs. Real Sweet Full Sound that Clear

84Reissue004.jpg

Ive been switching back and forth from Gibsons and Dimarzios for yrs and remember just about all of the songs recorded in the 80s were through Dimarzios

Thanxs Man I just got it about a month ago to replace the one I had to sell a while ago when things kinda got rough and I justed needed cash to pay some bills. Its a 2007 GOTW and originally came with a EMG set. It came with the Dimarzios and the previous owner was an Idiot. He wired up the Dimarzios with the stock pots that came with the Guitar. The 25 meg pots that only work with EMGs.Some people just shouldnt be rewiring ****. It sounded like the tone control was rolled back to 0.

Archived