Gibson Brands Forums

The Troggs lead singer Reg Presley

bonzoboy

Today I got a message from my friend Chris Allen-who has played with The Animals,Denny Laine and many other rock acts over the years-saying that Reg Presley's hair is starting to grow back after chemo treatments for the cancer he was diagnosed with after collapsing during a concert last December.Chris,along with the original members of the Troggs went to visit Reg last week and even though Reg's hair is starting to grow back,tragically it's doubtful that he'll be doing any more concerts.When they were all leaving Reg presented Chris with his beloved ocarina,certainly the highest display of respect and friendship that he could have given anyone.Reg Presley,Chris Britton and the other Troggs were among my biggest influences in music and Chris Britton was a huge influence in my guitar playing.

For those so inclined,please say a prayer for Reg that he might have a full recovery and get back to performing his fabulous music that has thrilled so many people for almost 50 years.Even if you are not so inclined at least please send out some positive wishes and vibes etc.

Archived