Gibson Brands Forums

Major deal on new ES-330s!!

dougg330

Hey, all -

I happened to be browsing Guitar Center's website on Friday and was surprised to see they had brand new CS ES-330's listed at $2249. When I tried to order online, the price jumped up immediately. So I called my local GC and talked to the Platinum Room guy there. He looked into and found that 5 or 6 stores had some that they wanted to move - hence the price. I ordered on the spot - will have it this Friday, with any luck.

If you're looking for one of these beauties, check it out quickly!

I happened to be browsing Guitar Center's website on Friday and was surprised to see they had brand new CS ES-330's listed at $2249.

Yes indeed, that is absolutely a killer price. It sorely tempted me this past weekend, so having never had the opportunity to play this model, I went to a local GC to try out a natural & red w/Bigsby they had in stock. No vintage sunbursts at the low price, but I could have had one shipped. As it turned out, I didn't really bond with either of those two 330s, but a phone call revealed that one of the other GCs in town also had a natural in stock. Went to try it, and absolutely could not let it go. Unplugged, my jaw dropped. Then plugged in, my jaw dropped again. Slightly smaller neck on this one which fit like a glove, tone had significantly more sparkle than the other two, grain & finish were superior to the others, and overall playability felt perfectly dialed in. Although it was certainly more expensive than the sunburst, a trade + 15% off made it reasonably affordable, and worth every penny, imho. After A-Bing the three, this guitar stood head & shoulders above the other two, and I wasn't going to risk losing it. If I had not run into this particular instrument, like you I would have taken a chance on ordering the sunburst, as the price really does make it a no brainer. Without a doubt if you get a good one, it'll be some of the best guitar money you ever spent!

Yeah, I wish I had the chance to try it before buying, too. When you deal with natural materials like wood, and the vagaries of hand work, there can be significant differences between any two guitars in the series.

Sounds like you got a great one - congrats, man. I think you always get the best wood in the naturals. I just wanted to have the sunburst to satisfy my Grant Green fetish. Hope I get a good one.

But now I know if I ever want to make time stand still, I just have to order a guitar online and wait for it to come clear across the country by UPS ground.

You and I should both post pix so we can compare notes. Deal?

Yes indeed, that is absolutely a killer price. It sorely tempted me this past weekend, so having never had the opportunity to play this model, I went to a local GC to try out a natural & red w/Bigsby they had in stock. No vintage sunbursts at the low price, but I could have had one shipped. As it turned out, I didn't really bond with either of those two 330s, but a phone call revealed that one of the other GCs in town also had a natural in stock. Went to try it, and absolutely could not let it go. Unplugged, my jaw dropped. Then plugged in, my jaw dropped again. Slightly smaller neck on this one which fit like a glove, tone had significantly more sparkle than the other two, grain & finish were superior to the others, and overall playability felt perfectly dialed in. Although it was certainly more expensive than the sunburst, a trade + 15% off made it reasonably affordable, and worth every penny, imho. After A-Bing the three, this guitar stood head & shoulders above the other two, and I wasn't going to risk losing it. If I had not run into this particular instrument, like you I would have taken a chance on ordering the sunburst, as the price really does make it a no brainer. Without a doubt if you get a good one, it'll be some of the best guitar money you ever spent!

Deal. Oops, you didn't ask me. ;) But we all want to see pics whenever possible. :)

Sadly, my track record is spotless in that I've never posted a pic of any of my guitars. Just sheer laziness in learning on my part. I do take pictures of them for insurance purposes & know how to send them via email. Sent a pic of my Tennessean once to a fellow who posted it, so that would be the only one that's ever shown up in a forum thread. If anyone wants to PM me with their email, I'll gladly send along a photo of the new guitar.

Hope I get a good one.

But now I know if I ever want to make time stand still, I just have to order a guitar online and wait for it to come clear across the country by UPS ground.

Boy oh boy, I know what you mean. GC should have sent you the tracking info, so at least you can check it's progress on a daily basis. I've had three guitars shipped to me by three different GCs in the last year, and they've all arrived in perfect condition - so try to sit back, relax, and visualize that guitar in your hands. I'm guessing it will be a winner!

Boy oh boy, I know what you mean. GC should have sent you the tracking info, so at least you can check it's progress on a daily basis. I've had three guitars shipped to me by three different GCs in the last year, and they've all arrived in perfect condition - so try to sit back, relax, and visualize that guitar in your hands. I'm guessing it will be a winner!

Thanks, Bobouz. They sent me a tracking #, but all UPS says is that it left CA last Sat. and is on time to arrive here on Fri. by end of day. Can't wait.

Will get pix up on Saturday if possible.

Archived