Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Picks and String for SALE!!!!

onewilyfool

(from a local listing....funny)

Guitar Picks and String for SALE!!!!

I'm thinning the herd, so my loss is your gain. First to go is a GHS "Boomer" that I had left over from a set. It's a .009 gauge "Plain 9" string that can be used on either an acoustic or electric guitar and it's in "prestine" condition. This string kicks butt on Ernie Ball. The tone is unbelievable plus it has G.H.S. Lock Twist. I heard Eric Johnson really digs these and it's the only string he'll allow on any of his cherished instruments.

The kind of dull-looking sections of the string are just my junky camera. The whole string is really shiny. I'm asking a very reasonable 75-cents for this, but I might take less. Hit me up and let's see if we can come to terms, but better hurry. This one's gonna go quick.

Next up (and it kills me to part with these) are a couple of choice Dunlop guitar picks, although you could probably use them on any stringed instrument, really. The green one is a Tortex pick that only has a few strums on it. It's in great condition and there are no chips or cracks in it. This alone can make any 'Crafted in China' guitar sound like a Stradivarius.

The purple one is the "pick" of the litter. This one's a Gator Grip and it's made in the USA! I couldn't possibly list all the pros that swear by this one and it's got the totally cool alligator head on it. Brand new, never used. Even if you have a hard time playing quarter notes, this pick will make you shred like Yngwie. No lie.

I'm way firm on the price. One for a nickel or both for a dime. This is a straight up deal and if you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

Cash only and you have to show up in person so I know you're not scamming. If this stuff doesn't sell by the weekend, I'm putting it up on Ebay. Then you'll all be sorry you didn't jump on these killer deals.

(And the response)

Thanks, man, awesome deals and a hilarious post. I tried to get back to you but someone flagged my response...again...can you believe that!?!

Are these items from a smoke-free home, never gigged, spent their entire life in a hermetically sealed temperature and humidity controlled studio, and only played by Carlos Santana, a close personal friend of yours?

Say, I was wondering if I could pay you through my International Shipping Agent, NigerianScamAccommodators, LTD. If you would send by cable your deposit of $5,000 earnest money to be deposited into an escrow account, my agent will refund the balance and retain the $.85 purchase price. I would come in person, but I am currently confined to an iron lung in Newcastle-on-Tyne, England, and can't travel.

Did Yngwie sign the pick? That would make it worth even more to me!

I know it's hard to part with these vintage collectibles, but times are tight and you have to pay rent, right? And everyone on craigslist really cares about all the pitiful financial motivations of all the sellers, so I think you should have added something about how desperate your circumstances are. I'm pretty certain that people are buying stuff on craigslist out of Christian charity, just to help these poor folks pay their rent, regardless of whether they need the stuff...if the federal government would just buy all the musical instrument stuff listed on craigslist, probably another crisis in the financial markets could be averted...

Archived