Gibson Brands Forums

Newbie!

Vittrup

Hi all gibson fans :)

As the title says, I have just bought an ES 335. A 2005, Figured Cherry, second hand! See the picture. And after a little setup, I am completely infatuated with this instument :) Despite the fact that for many years I have played Fender Strats, I have always dreamed of owning a 335

It's finally come true.

I wondered what neck profile my 335 has? Is that what you call a thin neck or is it a Fat Neck?

And is there in general a place where I can see spicifikationerne for my guitar?

post-47487-086211400 1349203190_thumb.jpg

post-47487-045740300 1349203197_thumb.jpg

Vittrup, Now it looks like you have two very nice guitars (I presume the guitar on the left, even though you can see the whole thing, is your Fender Strat'). I really like the Figured Cherry color of your ES-335. It looks stunning and very

nicely kept for a 2005 model. I think the ES-335's have the 60' Slim Tapered neck profile. I had an 1988 model and that's what mine had. I sometimes regret having had to let it go. Enjoy yours while you have it. Hopefully for you it

will be a keeper.

Vittrup, Now it looks like you have two very nice guitars (I presume the guitar on the left, even though you can see the whole thing, is your Fender Strat'). I really like the Figured Cherry color of your ES-335. It looks stunning and very

nicely kept for a 2005 model. I think the ES-335's have the 60' Slim Tapered neck profile. I had an 1988 model and that's what mine had. I sometimes regret having had to let it go. Enjoy yours while you have it. Hopefully for you it

will be a keeper.

Thank you Paul :)

Yes it is a Fender Custom Shop strat 'you can see to the left. Also a really nice guitar :) I'm pretty sure that I want to keep this 335 '. I love the tone it has. And it has a really good action! Incredibly easy to play :)

Many thanks for your reply, Paul :)

Welcome.

Nice Strat, and a beautiful 335.

Love the look of dot markers on a bound fretboard.

Congrats. . B)

Thanks BigKahune :)

I'm still wildly impressed with the 335 :) It's just such a wide tonal range! :) I'm really happy with my purchase!

For those of you who are on Facebook and want to see more of the stratocaster, there are some pictures here:

Special order! Only two were made​​.

Archived