Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Dove 60's Style???

JohnnyReb

Hey guys. Got a call from a cousin in Missouri who spotted a guitar at the local shop window. I got a few pics on a text message but really aren't good enough to tell much.

Anyway, it's a Gibson Dove 60's style. I got a picture of the orange label inside and it says Style: 60's Dove. I did a quick search and didn't find much about a "60s style" dove. It's supposivly a 2010 model but I haven't received the serial number yet to check on it. The pic was too blurry to make out the number but I did see the 60"s dove on the label. Anyhow it's a good looking guitar and there wanting 1800 bucks for it. Just looking for some info on this so called 60's style. I'm not real familiar with doves. Will update post with serial number soon

Ok serial number is 91558004. Style:60's Dove

My quick search shows June 4 1998. Sounds like the sellers story is already going in left field. I know the photos suck but that label seems odd to me. But I can clearly see the style: 60's dove in the original I have of it.

37858c79a98033f9523fa045a620df65.jpg

27948397361318248ebc7946e7376dee.jpg

The Dove is a big guitar with a lot of personality. Maple sirup is dripping from the points of the pick-guard and you have to really like that if you choose a Dove as your #1 acoustic.

But it's a classic and wouldn't have become one for no reason.

I would check the nut-width of the particular ex. you expose. There is a recent 60's-model flirter with very narrow nut – 1-5/8 or even 9/16. Maybe that version is newer than the one we talk about.

Archived