Gibson Brands Forums

I'm not there

peiplayer

Weird movie, weird soundtrack. As a Dylan maniac I was able to find some saving grace, but I would

caution any but the hardcore Dylan fan or the hardcore hop-head. A little too cutesy for my tastes. The 66 press conference scenes made me want to pull the covers over my head (so to speak).

jim jones and calexico's send up of going to acapulco was tasty. i've got that, along with haven's and cat power's offerings from the soundtrack, on my itunes. over all, i thought the movie was a little weird and disjointed. if you had no idea of what dylan's life has been like, i submit it would make no sense at all. couple of cool guitars in there, though.

I haven't seen the movie, but after reading the reviews I got the feeling that it might be a bit weird. I may have to see it just because it's Bob. I'm sure you other Dylan fans have seen some of his other "real" videos. I own the D.A. Pennebaker documentary, "Don't Look Back" and The MTV "unplugged" from 1995. I also just ordered the 2005 Martin Scorcese film, "No Direction Home" that was shown on Public Televison. They give a more realistic look at Bob, especially the young Bob of the 60's when I started listening to him. If you want a good Bob fix, you can probably rent the DVD's at one of the local shops like Hollywood Video etc.

I haven't seen the movie' date=' but after reading the reviews I got the feeling that it might be a bit weird. I may have to see it just because it's Bob.[/quote']

Bob's not there. It's Todd Haynes' version of Bob. Or Todd Haynes mixing fact, rumor and speculation about Bob to make a movie, just as Peter Shaffer mixed fact, rumor and speculation about Mozart to write Amadeus.

Archived