Gibson Brands Forums

NGD, and question

Chuck H.

Delivered. Is there a sweeter word when you've ordered a new guitar? An Epi ES335 PRO Ltd Edition in Natural came home today. I let it warm up a bit, tuned it up, plugged it in and scared the grandbaby. Maybe not a great start with her, but a great start with the new guitar. Fit and finish are great, the action is really close to what I'd want. The tuners feel and look good. As some have noted, the frets need some polishing. The grain on this one is straight but pretty. I'm very happy.

Do we know what strings come installed, or at least what gauge they are? Do you have favorites for your 335?

Do people generally like this bridge, or is there an aftermarket one that might add sustain?

Enough for now, back to playing.

Chuck

Do we know what strings come installed, or at least what gauge they are? Do you have favorites for your 335?

Do people generally like this bridge, or is there an aftermarket one that might add sustain?

Congratulations Chuck and welcome to the forum! [thumbup]

They come with 10s.

Most people have no complaints about the bridge that I know of. The one on my Dot is fine. [biggrin]

What do you make of the coil tapping.

I haven't spent a lot of time fiddling with controls yet, but just switching them in and out, I didn't notice a ton of difference. My only other electric is a Dearmond M-72 with humbuckers, so I'm not sure exactly what to expect from the split coils. I'm also plugged straight into a Roland Cube 15 for now, so the amp may not help with whatever differences there may be.

Congratulations Chuck and welcome to the forum! [thumbup]

They come with 10s.

Most people have no complaints about the bridge that I know of. The one on my Dot is fine. [biggrin]

I ordered some 10's last night. I'll do some fret polishing and put them on in a few days, but I think that's the right gauge to try for awhile. I'll probably put a set of 11's on it sometime to see what those sound like.

Thanks for the input! I'm looking forward to getting to know this guitar!

Archived