Gibson Brands Forums

es 330 tdc

prart

i got this es 330 tdc from my teacher. on that time he said this is special model.

i never saw another es 330 like this guitar on net in 2 point

1 tailpiece

2 tuner peg

please you give me more an info for this guitar and what year for this

regards

prart

post-47837-047421000 1349881695_thumb.jpg

post-47837-050262600 1349881711_thumb.jpg

Judging by the short portion of pickguard extending above the neck pickup, this looks to be a 1968 or 1969 model with the neck joining the body at the 19th fret.

Parts are easily changed, which explains your non-original tuners and tailpiece.

Don't know what your teacher meant by "special model".

Is there no serial number?

Judging by the short portion of pickguard extending above the neck pickup, this looks to be a 1968 or 1969 model with the neck joining the body at the 19th fret.

Parts are easily changed, which explains your non-original tuners and tailpiece.

Don't know what your teacher meant by "special model".

Is there no serial number?

hi Jim

thank you for your reply.

he said he never change anything, he just only play it . and he was a first hand for this one

here is serial number : 510060

That serial number dates to 1968 (also used in 1965, but your guitar is later than that, as I said above).

Your teacher was the first owner? The tailpiece is interesting (like a combination of a basic trapeze and a Byrdland tailpiece), but it's definitely not "right", unless there's a story that explains it. Sometimes Gibson employees customized guitars at the factory, for example. Anyway, looks like a very nice instrument.

yes he was a first owner.

he got this guitar from G.I. for a presents because That G.I. like him play very much in G.I. Camp in here.

that guy gave it to him when they get back to State and return to thailand and bought this one and said to my teacher

"This is special model"

that all i know it

Your story is difficult to understand, but the point is, I think it's unlikely that your guitar left the Gibson factory with that tailpiece, and I doubt that it's a "special model" (I don't even know what that might mean in this case). A regular (correct) trapeze tailpiece should be very easy to get, if you wanted to make the guitar look more original. But as I said, your tailpiece is interesting. It's up to you. Enjoy the guitar- 330's are great instruments.

Archived