Gibson Brands Forums

guitar setup in London?

Soulbrighter

Hi guys,

I think there are a few people from UK in this forum... I'm relatively new to the Country (I'm Italian and I moved here one year ago) and I live in West London. I'm looking to get my Epiphone SG Custom set up to get rid of some fret noise and lower the action. Do you have any recommendation for a good shop to get the work done?

Thanks

Marco.

Hi guys,

I think there are a few people from UK in this forum... I'm relatively new to the Country (I'm Italian and I moved here one year ago) and I live in West London. I'm looking to get my Epiphone SG Custom set up to get rid of some fret noise and lower the action. Do you have any recommendation for a good shop to get the work done?

Thanks

Marco.

I've not yet used this man Marco but he came very well recommended to me:

http://grahamparkerluthier.com/

There are still guitar shops in Denmark Street, near Tottenham Court Road station but it is years since I wandered about up there so I no longer know if any of them undertake guitar repairs / service. But I expect someone will know on here.

I don't know what their pricing is like but I would recommend Andys Guitars in Denmark St as being the only place I know of in London. I bought a guitar there 8 years ago and the set up was immaculate, watched me play and asked me loads of questions before setting it up. The people I use now exclusively in Glasgow are called Strung Out as they are one of the best here and I found out incidentally that they used to work in Andys Guitars before moving home to Glasgow and starting their own shop.

http://www.andysguitarnet.com/intro/repairs/

I'll be in the area this saturday... I'll pop in and ask :) Thanks!

You won't go wrong. I had forgotten about Mairants. Excellent reputation and been there for years and years - I've even got one of Ivor Mairants' (he was a jazz guitarist) tuition books somewhere in the house from back in the 1960s!

Archived