Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson J60

LeeE

post-48238-072831400 1351271913_thumb.jpgI have a Gibson acoustic guitar with a number that is stamped on the inside J60ADJ. It was given to me new in 1972. I can't find any information on it. Does anyone know anything about this guitar. I can't find anything online.

Thanks,

Lee

You sure it does not say J50 ADJ in there? The J60 is a new model that the folks at Bozeman came up with in the early 1990s.

My thoughts as well. That also looks like a round-shoulder, which would would make it pre-1970. It would not be that unusual for a 1969 guitar to still be sitting on a dealer's shelf in 1972. Although it's hard to judge from the photo, the guitar looks really nice.

It would be good if the original poster could show us the entire guitar from a stright-on point of view, so we can tell him a bit more about it.

You sure it does not say J50 ADJ in there? The J60 is a new model that the folks at Bozeman came up with in the early 1990s.

OMG, You're right. It IS J50. Thank you so much. What's the best way to find out what it's worth? Thank you thank you

OMG, You're right. It IS J50. Thank you so much. What's the best way to find out what it's worth? Thank you thank you

Post some photos of it for us to look at. Go to the "forum feedback" section here, and learn how to post photos using photobucket or another free hosting service.

There should be a serial number stamped into the back of the peghead. Once you get that you will hopefully be able to date the guitar which is necessary before you can figure out what it is worth.

Also be thanful you still have the ADJ bridge on it. Despite the fact that these are widely decried as being "tone killers" the original bridge still means more money for the guitar when you go to se3ll it.

Archived