Gibson Brands Forums

1968 Gibson b15

rudecity

I've got some one wanting to trade me a 1968 Gibson b15 acoustic for my 2008 Ovation 1771XL Balladeer thats worth about $700.00. I have many Gibson electrics but know nothing about this guitar, can some one please give me some info on it, and if it's worth it?

Would love to have a good Gibson acoustic with a slim neck, so does any one know about this guitar?

Thanx

You'll have to listen to them side by side to determine value as the B15 is a ladder braced student model. If it's all you have on a deserted island, you're OK with it, but I wouldn't waste 500 bucks on one. The Ovation probably plays and sounds better. A recent Ebay deal went down where a 50's LG2 with a changed out bridge sold for $1,001. For $300 more than the $700 you're talking about, the buyer got a good quality instrument.

At the dollar level you're talking about, just go with your ear.

Thanx for the info, I'll hold out for something better.

You'll have to listen to them side by side to determine value as the B15 is a ladder braced student model. If it's all you have on a deserted island, you're OK with it, but I wouldn't waste 500 bucks on one. The Ovation probably plays and sounds better. A recent Ebay deal went down where a 50's LG2 with a changed out bridge sold for $1,001. For $300 more than the $700 you're talking about, the buyer got a good quality instrument.

At the dollar level you're talking about, just go with your ear.

Archived