Gibson Brands Forums

is anyone being affected by sandy ?

JuanCarlosVejar

hey friends ,

just wanted to say I hope anyone who has been affected is OK and doing well .

prayers and good vibes for anyone who maybe in difficult times .

God BLess

JC

I think the ones that are, aren't on the boards right now.... loss of power, internet, etc..... I agree with your thoughts though! I hope we hear from them soon.

I am on the south shore of long island about 60 east of NYC. We were lucky, but there is intense flooding nearby. We have power but people a mile away don't. Not much wind damage here. I lost two trees. Mostly water damage in low lying areas. The north shore of LI took the worst wind damage. Also west of us pretty bad. I had $10k worth of damage last year from Irene so I am relieved we got off easy this time. Many, many others did not. No Internet, but using 3G on the iPad.

Rich G

I am on the south shore of long island about 60 east of NYC. We were lucky, but there is intense flooding nearby. We have power but people a mile away don't. Not much wind damage here. I lost two trees. Mostly water damage in low lying areas. The north shore of LI took the worst wind damage. Also west of us pretty bad. I had $10k worth of damage last year from Irene so I am relieved we got off easy this time. Many, many others did not. No Internet, but using 3G on the iPad.

Rich G

Rich ,

I grew up in Freeport NY . man I've seen the news and things looks pretty bad .

good to know you are doing ok

God Bless

JC

My baby sis went to South Bend, Indiana from Illinois, via I 80/90 yesterday. She said half the vehicles headed east were trucks. Half those trucks were cherry pickers from various power companies. She noticed one set of plates on a cherry picker was from Nebraska. "Into the breach!"

Pray for those guys and gals. They ain't just pluggin' in toasters you know.

That was a nightmare man...Sounded like a freight train ,trees down all over the place..Ive taken 3 zantac for my stomach..God spared us in a big way. Only one big tree down in back fell into open space,one broken window,fence down in back ,mess..

And It was only wind Juan(some areas flooding near water)..if the predicted 8" of rain came as well oh man..it would have been a disaster.

Just got power at 1am..was out for 52 hours,pretty decent..Our friends came over this evening & daughter who is 16 started crying and in tears ... "I want my power back"...she was so bored.

Just came back from going around today...so many huge trees uprooted & quite a feww on to houses..terrible.

Archived