Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Acoustic Day at Guitar Village

Lefty Guy

Well, this was a fun event, especially for righties. A whole room, wall to wall (+ part of the ceiling too) tasty Gibson acoustics, new & vintage, but there were half a dozen or so nice lefties too.

'twas my first visit to Guitar Village & I was impressed with the shop, the stock & the staff. There was a Gibson Montana director there too who I had a quick chat to re their lefty uplift policy (CEO doesn't allow him to produce lefties to stock) & a nice youg rep from Gibson Europe.

I played a lovely sunburst J-45 Custom (the rosewood b/s model), a Honeyburst Hummingbird standard & a Blues King. They had several J-45s & a couple of J-200s also which I didn't try. I think I'm as confused as i was when I went in. I like both the J-45 Custom & the 'Bird but to my ears neither were a real improvement over my old J-45 Historic yet would necessitate trading this faithful old beast & adding more than £1k on top to acquire. The Blues King was kinda cute but a little too boxy for me compared to my little Moon.

I'd liked to have tried a Hummingbird TV but as all lefties are custom orders (according to Mr Gibson director) they're pretty rare over here. I liked the look of Natural J-45 Custom but it was a righty......

If I win the righty cherry burst 60s style J-45 ni their free draw I'll let you all know :-)

Archived