Gibson Brands Forums

Wildwood AJ?

Lefty Guy

OK, so hearing many of you folk waxing lyrical about your AJs & after a useful chat to EA (thanks Mark!) about his expereinces with SJs, TV 'Birds & his new AJ, I'm thinking the latter could be the perfect foil for my Wildwood SJ & a kickass bluegrass guitar.

Having seen Wildwood's take on the standard AJ (+ Red spruce top, Waverley tuners, bone nut/saddle, hot hide glue etc) I'm checking the price for a lefty custom build. Look's nice....

wildwoodaj.jpg

http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/products/11051018.php?CategoryID=89&n=68#

Its a very tasty guitar, you know Wildwood has a whole bunch of vids with Greg Koch taking the AJ's through its paces, might be worth a listen Lefty. Enjoyed the chat today, all the best with your happy predicament !

EA, don't forget to let me know when you're back in London, it would be neat to actually spend some time playing tunes together & I now stay up in town a couple of nights a week, so would have plenty of time spare.

EA, don't forget to let me know when you're back in London, it would be neat to actually spend some time playing tunes together & I now stay up in town a couple of nights a week, so would have plenty of time spare.

Will do, most likely in January Lefty !

(Mrs EA wants to go to all the post Xmas sales, which means Ill be free for a raid on Denmark St [biggrin] )

Archived