Gibson Brands Forums

Selector switch problem on My ner Epiphone Les Paul 100

Badrabbit

It's a well known fact that the electronics in most Epis are not of the best quality.

The switch is one of the worst parts.

Almost every Epi I have owned has required a new switch to be installed. Only my LP in my avatar has the original switch. And that's because the original switch was a switchcraft.

Now there will be members who will tell you ways to clean the contacts on the switch. And this can, and often will work. You can bend the prongs to make better contact (something I did).

But from my experience, the problem just gets worse. And you have to do it more frequently. I used to clean them. But now, whenever I start to detect a problem, I just put in a new one.

Never have had a problem after that. :)

It's a well known fact that the electronics in most Epis are not of the best quality.

The switch is one of the worst parts.

Almost every Epi I have owned has required a new switch to be installed. Only my LP in my avatar has the original switch. And that's because the original switch was a switchcraft.

Now there will be members who will tell you ways to clean the contacts on the switch. And this can, and often will work. You can bend the prongs to make better contact (something I did).

But from my experience, the problem just gets worse. And you have to do it more frequently. I used to clean them. But now, whenever I start to detect a problem, I just put in a new one.

Never have had a problem after that. :)

Thanks Brad.

Archived