Gibson Brands Forums

Fender prewired pick guard fit and Epi s series ?

poopcicle

Thats a diffucult question to answer. But I'd have to say no...or not exactly. Much like Fender, Epiphone had fifferent hole configurations at different times. Though these configurations were quite similar, if not almost identical, there are some issues with the holes lining up. I think it may have a little to do with the 3rd party company making the pickguard as well. I replaced the pickguard on my S-500 with one from Guitar Parts Depot before they went out of business. While the holes basically lined up, there were at least two that were just under a milimeter off the mark. That doesnt seem like much, but it is enough to be a headache. Also, I had to shave away some of the pickguard around the neck pocket. No biggie there.

Other people may have had better luck with different PG manufacturers though. I've only done this once, so my knowledge is limited.

Of corse, it is an EASY task to tranfer the elecronics from on PG to another.

Indeed. The only soldering involved is the input jack. Just make sure that you dont desolder the ground wire on the tremolo claw. The metal that the claw is made from is very hard to solder to. If, for some reason you have to desolder the claw, just do it enough to take the wire off. Leave the original solder on the claw and resolder using the old solder and a little bit of new solder.

Indeed. The only soldering involved is the input jack. Just make sure that you dont desolder the ground wire on the tremolo claw. The metal that the claw is made from is very hard to solder to. If, for some reason you have to desolder the claw, just do it enough to take the wire off. Leave the original solder on the claw and resolder using the old solder and a little bit of new solder.

Thanks guys! I am not going to do any of the work myself! I just saw that buying pickups was gonna run me about the same as a pre wired which I am assuming has better pots, switches and wiring than my 310 strat! I am gonna bring it to my tech just trying to make it an easy upgrade , the easier the cheaper in labor! I also liked the creme pearloid guard vs. My 1 ply white but if it wont work, it wont work! Maybe the tech can make it happen! Happy Turkeyday !

Archived