Gibson Brands Forums

339 pro confusion/questions

guitar_randy

can anyone tell me what I am missing or not seeing or getting with this:

Amazon sells this 339 pro for $359.It states its new,in other words,not refurbished or a second or blemished. it states it comes from Sam ash. I go to sam ash and I see them selling from what I can tell is the same exact guitar for $399. How or why can they sell it at amazon for $40 less?

So can anyone tell if there is something different with the guitar here being sold at amazon for $359 vs the ones sold at sam ash,guitarcenter,musiciansfirnd,etc for $399?

THe black friday gimic at musicians friend was a let down. It said 15% off items except certain exclusions. I put the 339 pro in my cart and found it was one of the excluded items.Then you look a the excluded black friday list and its huge. Its like there can't be a heck of alot that would qualify afer reading the exclusion list.

Amazon.com: Epiphone ES-339 Semi Hollow body Electric Guitar, Cherry Red: Musical Instruments amazon_icon.gif Amazon.com: Epiphone ES-339 Semi Hollow body Electric Guitar, Cherry Red: Musical Instruments

Epiphone ES339 Pro Semi Hollow Body Electric Guitar | Sam Ash Music 1-800-4-SAMASH

Epiphone ES-339 PRO Electric Guitar Cherry | Musician's Friend

Epiphone ES-339 PRO Electric Guitar | GuitarCenter

Epiphone ES-339 PRO Electric Guitar at zZounds

Epiphone ES-339 PRO (Cherry) | Sweetwater.com

can anyone tell me what I am missing or not seeing or getting with this:

Amazon sells this 339 pro for $359.It states its new,in other words,not refurbished or a second or blemished. it states it comes from Sam ash. I go to sam ash and I see them selling from what I can tell is the same exact guitar for $399. How or why can they sell it at amazon for $40 less?

So can anyone tell if there is something different with the guitar here being sold at amazon for $359 vs the ones sold at sam ash,guitarcenter,musiciansfirnd,etc for $399?

THe black friday gimic at musicians friend was a let down. It said 15% off items except certain exclusions. I put the 339 pro in my cart and found it was one of the excluded items.Then you look a the excluded black friday list and its huge. Its like there can't be a heck of alot that would qualify afer reading the exclusion list.

Amazon.com: Epiphone ES-339 Semi Hollow body Electric Guitar, Cherry Red: Musical Instruments amazon_icon.gif Amazon.com: Epiphone ES-339 Semi Hollow body Electric Guitar, Cherry Red: Musical Instruments

Epiphone ES339 Pro Semi Hollow Body Electric Guitar | Sam Ash Music 1-800-4-SAMASH

Epiphone ES-339 PRO Electric Guitar Cherry | Musician's Friend

Epiphone ES-339 PRO Electric Guitar | GuitarCenter

Epiphone ES-339 PRO Electric Guitar at zZounds

Epiphone ES-339 PRO (Cherry) | Sweetwater.com

Disclaimer- I work at Sam Ash. There is no difference in the 339s.

That being said, Sam Ash retail locations will match ANY legit sales price, even if it is their own (ie that amazon price). You can call up your local location (or any Sam Ash location) and or visit the brick and mortar location and get that same price from Amazon. Also, if you find a lower price anywhere (from a legit dealer) within 60 days of your purchase, Sam Ash will refund you that difference (with some restrictions, ie demo models, factory seconds, discontinued merchandise, and floor samples are not included, also, products advertised must be in stock at the advertised dealer and be a factory-sealed new product).

Jason

So is it something like the major music vendors can't or won't go under a certain price,in this case,$399,but a non music vendor such as amazon can for a limited amount of guitars even if they come from a music vendor?

I mean is this this way year round or just the holidays? If people catcch on to this which I just have,I would just as well buy my online guitar purchases from amazon instead of an actual music vendor to get the low price with no tactics or games.

I looked at amazon as a last ditch look and ended up saving $40. Looking at other guitars soid at amazon vs the main music vendors,amazon usually is lower. Thats kind of messed up.

Its confusing but now I know to not be afraid to check amazon for guitars and music purchases.

Archived