Gibson Brands Forums

J185 True Vintage - Have you played one ?

brijas99

I was just wondering if anyone here has ever played a Gibson J-185 True Vintage ? (I currently own a J45 True Vintage and absoultly love it.)

I've not had the chance to play one, but I saw a Gibson J-185 True Vintage for sale online and wanted to get some insight as to what other may have thought about them and know about them ?

Any info you can pass along would be helpful.

Mark

I was just wondering if anyone here has ever played a Gibson J-185 True Vintage ? (I currently own a J45 True Vintage and absoultly love it.)

I've not had the chance to play one, but I saw a Gibson J-185 True Vintage for sale online and wanted to get some insight as to what other may have thought about them and know about them ?

Any info you can pass along would be helpful.

Mark

I had a 2007 version for awhile. Beautiful guitar but a big difference tonally (obviously) compared to the J45TV. If you know you want the characteristics of a Maple guitar the j185TV is a great one to have. I'd still have mine but for my decision to step up to the J200.

Thanks for the information. I do like the tone of a maple body instrument. I did have a Tacoma maple dread

for a while and enjoyed it while I had it. I do understand that the J185 is going to have a different voice / sound

than a dread, but just not sure how different it will be is all.

Archived