Gibson Brands Forums

Upgrading Robot

niemepet

Man! That's a rough one! <g> I also own (and am still paying for) an original Robot. I never gig with it, so the original robotics are still good enough for me...it's been almost a year now, and everything still works fine! <g>

But, I would definitely pay extra to get the Dark Fire's pickups (P-90H, BurstBucker 3, and piezo) and electronics.

BUT...and this is an even bigger BUT, I would make the upgrade ONLY if I could keep the original pickups and electronics! If owning my vintage 1962 Stratocaster has taught me ANYTHING, it's to never permanently modify your guitar. Add Straplocks, maybe. But never modify your guitar in a way that can't be reversed.

Just my two cents worth...your mileage may vary! <g>

Cat Daddy

My Robot also works like a charm. But I have been reading a lot about this Dark Fire and the upgrading is on my mind. This is pure speculation, but what I have read so far, the Gibson is probably offering to upgrade only the tuning system. Also somebody commented - that the Gibson is keeping the old electronic by themself when guitar is upgrated, so this should lower the upgrade cost. This is pure speculation too.

But anyway, the idea of this poll is, that we (as a customers) gather Gibson the marketing information - what customers really want. And I thought what is the best way to customers show it, than a poll in the Gibson's own official forum.

Now the only problem is that we have to get Robot owners to VOTE, what they want from the upgrade. And are they willing to pay more from the upgrade than "low cost tuning upgrade".

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, tomorrow is the last day of this poll. It seems that most of the Original Robot owners want to upgrade "Dark Fire", not only tuning system. Some of you write that you are willing to pay a little bit more to get it. I hope the Gibson read this forum and give us (customers) what we want - and what we are willing to pay for.

Happy new year to all! ! !

Ok' date=' tomorrow is the last day of this poll. It seems that most of the Original Robot owners want to upgrade "Dark Fire", not only tuning system. Some of you write that you are willing to pay a little bit more to get it. I hope the Gibson read this forum and give us (customers) what we want - and what we are willing to pay for.

Happy new year to all! ! !

[/quote']

Thanks niemepet, that is a great poll.

Hope Gibson is listening.

Archived