Gibson Brands Forums

fluke

Hello all. I am a proud owner if a new Epiphone Sheraton II.

I took some basic guitar lessons when I was a teen, joined the guitar club in high school, and played a little. Bought my first guitar with my whole paycheck somtime around 1978 (Atlas acoustic) which still sounds really nice. I had a strat style guitar that was given to me (I forget the brand name) but I gave it to my nephew many years ago.

Last year, after 30 years, I got back into playing and picked up a used Squire Affinity Strat (Indonesia) from a local music store for $100 (prob payed too much). The guitar looks new and plays pretty good (after new strings and alot of adjustments). Along with it I bought a used Marshall MG30DFX.

Recently, I decided to go with something kind of in-between my acoustic and the strat so I decided to try out some hollow/semi-hollow bodies.

A few days ago I went to a GC to try out some as they had a decent variety on hand (Gretsch Eloectro, Ibanez Art, Epiphones, Godin 5th Ave). I really liked the feel and sound of the Sheraton II (Korea) and they happened to have one in Natural on clearance $100 off so I wound up going home with it ! Had to set it up a little when I got home but I am really pleased with it. I liked them all but the Sheraton just seemed to be right for me.

I really liked the Bigsby on the Gretsch but it was not enough to sway be from the Sheraton. Maybe I will add one later. Ordered a Epiphone 335 Hardshell Guitar Case from MF for under $90 with free shipping and it's on the way. Looking forward to playing and sharing on this board.

Fran

Welcome to the Forum, Fran. I am a fan of semi-hollow guitars, so I can relate to you feelings on your new guitar, congratulations. One of the things that we encourage around here is the posting of picture of our guitars, especially new ones. Any ways, here's your forum-warming present. Stick around and join the conversations. +1

Hello all. I am a proud owner if a new Epiphone Sheraton II.

I took some basic guitar lessons when I was a teen, joined the guitar club in high school, and played a little. Bought my first guitar with my whole paycheck somtime around 1978 (Atlas acoustic) which still sounds really nice. I had a strat style guitar that was given to me (I forget the brand name) but I gave it to my nephew many years ago.

Last year, after 30 years, I got back into playing and picked up a used Squire Affinity Strat (Indonesia) from a local music store for $100 (prob payed too much). The guitar looks new and plays pretty good (after new strings and alot of adjustments). Along with it I bought a used Marshall MG30DFX.

Recently, I decided to go with something kind of in-between my acoustic and the strat so I decided to try out some hollow/semi-hollow bodies.

A few days ago I went to a GC to try out some as they had a decent variety on hand (Gretsch Eloectro, Ibanez Art, Epiphones, Godin 5th Ave). I really liked the feel and sound of the Sheraton II (Korea) and they happened to have one in Natural on clearance $100 off so I wound up going home with it ! Had to set it up a little when I got home but I am really pleased with it. I liked them all but the Sheraton just seemed to be right for me.

I really liked the Bigsby on the Gretsch but it was not enough to sway be from the Sheraton. Maybe I will add one later. Ordered a Epiphone 335 Hardshell Guitar Case from MF for under $90 with free shipping and it's on the way. Looking forward to playing and sharing on this board.

Fran

Pictures... Really Need Pictures [thumbup]

First of all, let me echo the welcome you just received. [biggrin]

Secondly I will echo the request for pictures. The forum "Rule" is "No pic, it didn't happen"!!

Actually we are all gear junkies, and live vicariously through other players' purchases. [thumbup]

Archived