Gibson Brands Forums

Please clarify if the ultra 3s have been fixed 2013

bongofury

Can someone please tell me if epiiphone has fix the ultra3 problem for the new ones of 2013

I was playing one today and I couldn't hear any of the buzzing everyone is talking about

I think it was an older model

Thanks for any help. I am really interested in getting this guitar and I especially like the neck shape is it called a D

Shape and what other guitars is this neck on

Thanks for the help

Bongo

• 1 month later...

read my post on the ace budokan it's very similar to the ultra 3 the same neck

same buzzing, i was going to buy the ultra 3 then i read all the problems on the net about string buzz and pickup problems

i went into my music shop they kind of steered me away from it and the ace budokan, but I bought the budokan

anyway and it has some weird stuff going on. they told me the new ultras are fixed but still werent impressed.

I played one and i really liked it I would like to buy one but i'm not sure

about epiphone any more? I didn't even get one comment on my budokan thread?

thanks

bongofury

same buzzing, i was going to buy the ultra 3 then i read all the problems on the net about string buzz and pickup problems

i went into my music shop they kind of steered me away from it and the ace budokan, but I bought the budokan

anyway and it has some weird stuff going on. they told me the new ultras are fixed but still werent impressed.

thanks

bongofury

I read your post. To be honest it just seemed like a disjointed collection of rants and questions that really can't be answered by the members of this forum (e.g. whether Epiphone gives a crap). It was your second post on your Budokan problems, and several people tried to help you on the first post by suggesting that you do a setup on the guitar, which you said you were going to do. Most guitars these days will need a setup when they arrive at their destination, especially if they started the journey overseas. Any fret buzzing cannot be judged until a proper setup is done. If you don't want to pay for a setup, then do it yourself. It's easy and the instructions are all over the internet including this forum.

Not really sure what you are looking for from us. If you don't like the guitar then why not take/send it back and buy from the other companies who are, "putting out way better quality control than this and charging half", as you say.

thanks

bongofury

It may be a similar neck but it's not the same guitar and it doesn't answer the question of whether the new Ultra IIIs (if I were to buy one today) are likely to still have the original buzzing issue.

The best Utras I have played was the original "Ultra" no peizos. I have one and two friends each have one. The quality of the finish and fret dressing, set up and playability puts it real close to my Gibson Classic Custom LP. I did change out the neck pup for a 57 classic, but the original pups are pretty darn decent.

That is one fine guitar IMO, the reason I post this is you should consider one of these. You can probably find one in good condition with case in the $500 or less range.

In regard to piezo pick ups, I have a PRS hollow body special order with Piezos, I liked messing with the combinations of magnetic pups and the peizos, there are alot of unique tones you can get, but after awhile it was a novelty for me, YMMV.

For some reason Epiphone really stepped up the quality and playability of the original Ultras. Never played an Ultra 2 or 3 that had the same quality and playability.

Just my 2 cents.

I read your post. To be honest it just seemed like a disjointed collection of rants and questions that really can't be answered by the members of this forum (e.g. whether Epiphone gives a crap). It was your second post on your Budokan problems, and several people tried to help you on the first post by suggesting that you do a setup on the guitar, which you said you were going to do. Most guitars these days will need a setup when they arrive at their destination, especially if they started the journey overseas. Any fret buzzing cannot be judged until a proper setup is done. If you don't want to pay for a setup, then do it yourself. It's easy and the instructions are all over the internet including this forum.

Not really sure what you are looking for from us. If you don't like the guitar then why not take/send it back and buy from the other companies who are, "putting out way better quality control than this and charging half", as you say.

Actually I did take your advise and printed it to bring to the guitar shop. . But when you say a brand new 1000.00 dollar guitar

Needs a fret dress and a 70.00 set up. You don't think that's wrong?????

And when i talk about the other companies

How come both my fenders only needed to be tuned out of the box ( Mexico ). And my Gibson sg and explorer

The same thing. Any way I'm not here to argue. I just wanted to know if anyone had the same problems. I've owned

Over 7 epi 's from Korea . Indonesia , Japan . And never seen so many problems from so many models like now

Oh and just picked up a fender tele black top. Tuned and played. 399.00. Call me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived